Full Time (Rota; 40 hours per week)
Salary Circa; £20,000
25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
Employee Benefits Package includes;
– Bupa membership
– Childcare Vouchers
– Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we?
We are a global student accommodation provider across the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States, and New Zealand. We manage student communities around the globe. Growth is soaring in the UK and therefore, this is a very exciting time to join us.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Night Manager to join our existing team at our Newport Student Village. The successful candidate will act as a supervisor, ensuring business continuity during their shift.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining safety and security of all Village residents and staff in accordance with Village Rules.
- Providing a point of contact for residents and security for noise, security and safety matters
- Managing and resolving difficult situations and ensure management are informed
- To ensure public and common areas are well presented, delegating to cleaning and maintenance staff
- Work closely with the team ensuring delivery of programs, events and residents’ conflict management
- Processing and updating resident information, including applications, offers and charges
- Supporting the planning and operation of campus summer stays
- Work with the team to complete room checks and reports
- Be familiar with facility operations to determine and communicate after hours requirements
What you will be responsible for;
- Becoming familiar with the student environment
- Establishing authority in the Village
- Ensuring stability and order is maintained within the Village
- Activating correct support as required to avoid unnecessary escalation
- Managing conflict while on shift
- Ensuring health and safety policies are adhered to
- Providing a high level of customer service to residents, Village team, university, suppliers, other Villages, and head office
- Using initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
- Adhering to the requirements of compliance legislation
- Carrying out work with integrity
What you’ll need:
- Customer service experience
- Experience of supervising a team & ability to manage relationships professionally
- Knowledge of computers and IT systems
- Ability to manage multiple agendas and timelines
- Good Security knowledge & experience
- Ability to stay calm in all situations to maintain control and positive outcome
- Quiet confidence when things feel like they are in turmoil
It would be ideal if you have:
- Over 2 years previous supervision role in a hospitality environment (essential)
- Completed a management training course or equivalent (essential)
- Experience in the use of computers including Microsoft word, Excel and project and data base management systems (essential)
- High quality written and verbal communication skills as well as negotiating skills (essential)
- Ability to manage and direct staff in the operation of their duties (essential)
- First aid certificate (essential – clv will assist if this is not in place)
- Current driver’s license (essential)
- Experience of communicating and understanding the particular needs of young adults resident in student accommodation (desirable)
- Door security certificate or equivalent experience (desirable)
Our core values are at the heart of the business and our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the One Team and pursue the team goal
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.