Summary of the Role
The Office Manager will assist the General Manager with managing the operations, accounting and leasing efforts of the Village. This position is only located in the 300 bed structure village. Some exceptions may be made.
- Assist with overall leadership and direction of the Village in the line with the business plan.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all agreements, leases, and contracts pertaining to the Village.
- Support the General Manager and/or Facilities Manager with all facilities management for the property, including developing, implementing and overseeing Risk Management/ Loss Prevention Programs.
- Provide guidance and leadership to students, directly and through the supervision of student residential staff.
- Maintains the Village A/R and any other accounting functions.
- Implement and maintain an active residence life program.
- Handle emergency or problem situations in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the safety and well-being of residents.
- Manage all Village staff issues, including recruitment, training and performance management.
- Be a positive role model for residents and establish positive relationships with the University.
- Be available to residents for complaints, room changes and suggestions.
- Manage discipline matters through the established procedures.
- Facilitate resolution of roommate issues.
- Escalate resident issues when necessary to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
- Liaises with University
- Be knowledgeable about community and University rules and regulations in order to appropriately explain and enforce them when interacting with residents and visitors.
- Promote and encourage resident participation in University sponsored activities.
- Keep residents informed of pertinent campus information and deadlines.
- Be familiar with campus and community resources and services.
- Develop relationships across a variety of university departments.
- Seeks out opportunities to be involved in university operations by volunteering to serve on university committees and task forces.
Key Management Competencies
- Managing Work
- Problem Solving
- Initiating Action
- Coaching for Performance Improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Competent in basic financial acumen.
- Ability to learn and use all IS programs pertinent to successful achievement of duties.
- Ability to write and compose informational communication materials.
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role in either University accommodation, hospitality or retail environment with demonstrated track record of developing a team and delivering against objectives. (desired)
- 2 years of experience in staff selection, training and evaluation.(desired)
- 1 year of program planning and development experience.(desired)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in student affairs or education.(required)
This Position Description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Campus Living Villages reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.