What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £30,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
New exciting opportunity has risen within our Business Intelligence team for an Operational Systems Support to be based at Village Central Manchester at Salford Quays. The successful candidate will be supporting the Business Intelligence Analyst by acting as the interface between Business Improvement, Operations, ICT and other functions in supporting users across the UK business.
What will you be doing?
- Support operational queries from users in respect of key systems, most notably the resident management system (StarRez) and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Provide suggestions for improvements across relevant systems, including producing requirement specifications and managing change.
- Act as a liaison between users and the ICT Service Desk to manage issues of a technical or system design nature that cannot be resolved within the business.
- Act as the leading authority on report design in the system, supporting users in the creation of necessary reports and diagnosing reporting based issues as they arise.
- Act as the coordination/lead point for new site set-ups, bulk upload of data, import of utility and other charges, etc.
- Create room rates, terms, charges, etc., and implement modifications.
- Work closely with the UK Sales Team to ensure the rate tier management process remains efficient and market responsive.
- Together with ICT, troubleshoot the system’s web portal
- Work closely with ICT and vendors to translate business needs into technical solutions and act as sign-off for the business on any system updates.
System Best Practice:
- Work with the Technical Business Analyst to ensure that all our systems are configured to best support business needs. Documenting the setup where this does not exist and ensuring existing documentation is up to date.
- Provide documentation and guidance on standard practice. This guidance will form the basis of training to be delivered to the business by project teams, the Learning and Development group, vendors and/or Business Improvement team members.
- Find creative means by which we can improve user understanding of the capabilities of the business systems, encouraging the community to make further suggestions for improvement.
- Train users both remotely and in person on the correct operation of systems and changes to standard practices as they are recognized.
Supporting Report Development:
- Support the Business Improvement team’s desire to enhance reporting across the business by suggesting areas that will benefit from reporting tools (such as Power BI). Liaising with function leaders, scope out reporting requirements and be involved in the validation/testing and training/rollout of such reports.
- Support existing reports that fall under the administration of the Business Intelligence team, including necessary upgrades and documentation.
- Identify areas of the systems that can benefit from integration across business systems.
- Convert integration concepts into formal business proposals by producing documentation on the various workflows required to make any integration a success.
- Support the business in the development, testing and rollout of any future system integration projects.
What you need to have:
- Analytical, numerical and writing skills (Essential)
- Attention to detail (Essential)
- Data manipulation and analysis skills (Essential)
- Knowledge of current software, including Excel (Essential)
- Reasonable understanding of SQL and current web service technologies (Desirable)
- Experience of BI / MI reporting tools, infrastructure and data modelling (Desirable)
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A-Level Grade C or above in English, Math or IT and two other disciplines.
- Achieved or working towards a degree level qualification or relevant experience.
- Previous exposure in a Business Systems Analysis capacity (Essential)
- Proven experience of report design and writing (Essential)
- An understanding of Database Structures and Data Modelling techniques (Desirable)
- An understanding of the private student accommodation sector (Desirable)
Our Core Values:
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.