What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: up to £35,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at Salford Student Village to take the operational lead in the day-to-day running of the village and to support the Village Director in the strategic direction of the village. You will be working with prospective and existing village residents, University Partners, central support functions, suppliers, contractors, security and other third parties.
What will you be doing?
Management and Supervision of village operations
- Overseeing the operation of all divisions of the Village
- Oversee the management of the “StarRez” database
- The preparation and distribution of reports (i.e. weekly sales report, balance score cards and Village Advisory Board Packs) and the Village’s annual business plan.
- Plan, organise and manage the Summer Stays summer programme
- Oversee the development, review and management of policies and procedures for the efficient processing of the new student applicants and residential agreements
- Maintaining ongoing performance development of the team
- Liaise with the Regional and Assistant Regional Maintenance Manager to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure appropriate financial systems and reports are in place
- Assist the Village Director in managing and supervising the Village Budgets and finances, ensuring the effective communication/cooperation between the Accounts division and:
- Front Office Operation, Facilities, Residential Programs Team
Marketing and Sales Co-ordination
- Assist the Village Director and Sales and Retention Executive in preparing the marketing and sales plans for the Village and its facilities
- Plan, coordinate and promote the Village’s participation in University open days, summer Stays programme/period.
- Motivate and lead the Village team
- Assist the Village Director with recruitment needs, including interviewing and liaising with CLV head office HR as required
- Conduct staff appraisals and staff development
- Manage any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of Human Resources
What you need to have:
- Good communication, decision-making, planning and organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibility
- Experience of coaching and building a successful team with leadership disposition (leading through vision and values) to facilitate change
- Ability to build customer loyalty and building strategic working relationships
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Experience in a residential environment including a busy front of house (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team and multiple departments (Essential)
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.