Full Time 40 hours (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £35,000
25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
Employee Benefits Package includes;
– Bupa membership
– Childcare Vouchers
– Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Seasonal Ticket Loans
– Training Opportunities
Who are we?
We are a global student accommodation provider across the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States, and New Zealand. We manage student communities around the globe. With business growth soaring in the UK, this is a very exciting time to join us.
Who are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for an Operations Manager to be based at our Birmingham Student Village, to take the Operational lead in the day-to-day running of the Village and to support the Birmingham team and other managers.
What will you be doing?
- In conjunction with the Village Manager, oversee the operation of all divisions of the Village.
- Oversee the management of the “StarRez” database and the reporting requirements.
- Oversee the development, review and management of policies and procedures for the efficient processing of the new student applicants and residential agreements
- Conduct site and room inspections of the Village to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered and Village presentation is checked for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- Liaising with the Facilities Manager to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the Duty Manager/Security for noise, security and safety matters out of office hours
- Plan, organise and manage the Summer Stays summer programme
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days
- Assist with the organisation of resident activities and attend when appropriate
- Provide ‘an ear’ and assistance to support residents
- Motivate and lead the Village team, maintaining ongoing performance development of the staff.
- Dealing with any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of HR.
- Assist the Village Manager with recruitment needs, including interviewing and liaising with HR as required
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure appropriate financial systems and reports are in place
- In conjunction with the Village Manager, and Sales & Retention, prepare marketing and sales plans for the Village and all its facilities.
What you will need:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Experience in a residential environment including a busy front of house (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team and multiple departments (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
Are you qualified?
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.