Full Time (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £32,000 to 35,000 (depending on experience)
25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
Cycle 2 work
Seasonal Ticket Loan
We are now recruiting for a Operations Manager to be based at our Dashwood Studios Village, to take the Operational lead in the day-to-day running of the Village and to support the London Hub Village Director in the strategic direction of the Dashwood Stadios Village.
What does the role involve?
- In conjunction with the Village Director oversee the operation of all divisions of the Village
- Oversee the management of the “StarRez” database and the reporting requirements
- Plan, organise and manage the Summer Stays summer programme
- Oversee the development, review and management of policies and procedures for the efficient processing of the new student applicants and residential agreements
- Maintaining ongoing performance development of the team
- Conduct site inspections of the Village
- Liaising with the Facilities Manager to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure appropriate financial systems and reports are in place
Marketing and Sales Co-ordination
- In conjunction with the Village Director and Sales and Retention Executive, prepare marketing and sales plans for the Village and all its facilities
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days
- Plan and promote the summer program/Summer Stays period for the Village to potential guests
- Provide ‘an ear’ and assistance to support residents
- Assist with the organisation of resident activities and attend when appropriate
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the Duty Manager/Security for noise, security and safety matters out of office hours
- Be familiar with facility operations to determine after hours requirements
- Ensure ‘rounds’ of the Village are conducted to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered. These are to be conducted with all appropriate staff
- Ensure that Village presentation is checked for cleanliness and maintenance issues – follow up as necessary/directed
- Motivate and lead the Village team
- Assist the Village Manager/Director with recruitment needs, including interviewing and liaising with CLV head office HR as required
- Conduct staff appraisals and staff development
- Manage any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of Human Resources
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, success at CLV is down to teamwork, great unique organisational culture and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
- Experience in a residential environment including a busy front of house (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team and multiple departments (Essential)
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.