We are currently looking for a part-time Customer Service Advisor to join our team at McMillan Student Village, London SE8 3BU.
The Customer Service Advisor will provide assistance to existing and potential future students as well as short-stay customers.
- Competitive salary
- 32 hours per week between 10pm and 7.00am
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays increasing with length of service
- Day off on your birthday
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
You will be the lead point of contact during out of hours dealing with accommodation and booking queries, providing health and safety and maintenance support.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and maintain all administrative duties which relate to accommodation enquiries such as bookings and payments
- Manage associated administration and record-keeping in relation to incident management and reporting, liaising with University personnel concerning any relevant incidents, events or concerns where appropriate
- Proactively pursue outstanding debt and maintain records and communications regarding progress
- Provide excellent customer service when completing such duties as answering telephones, and dealing with high volumes of customer enquiries both by email and face to face.
- Engage with residents by attending and helping to plan Village Life events to enhance their experience
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks, emergency repairs and attending resident lock outs to maintain the welfare of all residents
- General housekeeping duties
- Be responsible for on-site first aid and fire marshalling
What skills do you need to have?
- A warm, friendly and professional approach
- Have the confidence to deal with occasional challenging situations, which may require the ability de-escalate mis-understandings between residents.
- Attention to detail to ensure records are accurate and kept up to date
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional decorum
- The ability to prioritise a high volume workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience within a Customer Service role, preferably in the hospitality sector
- Knowledge of software systems including MS Office and databases
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Recruitment.MSV@clvuk.com stating position reference number (REF 19)