What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £55,000 per year
- 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your birthday off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an Regional Maintenance Manager to provide technical support to Village Directors/Managers and local maintenance teams within the southern region. The successful candidate will be managing all technical planned maintenance and corrective workds at student villages within the south, ensuring statutory compliance is maintained at all times. This role will be based in a student village located in one of our London or Bedfordshire sites, however you may be travelling to other villages within and external to the region, if necessary.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
- Develop the maintenance plan and manage the delivery and timely completion of all PPM’s at the designated student villages in accordance with CLV’s agreed maintenance plan ensuring statutory compliance at all times
- Develop and maintain standardised technical maintenance plans, ensuring consistency with in house/outsourced activity
- Develop technical specifications for hard FM planned maintenance ensuring compliance with relevant legislation & appropriate Approved Codes of Practise
- Manage corrective repairs ensuring they are, correctly specified, cost effective, scheduled appropriately and delivered on time and within budget
- Manage 3rd party service providers to ensure Hard Service delivery is in accordance with the contractual SLA’S KPI’s and agreed budget Manage and maintain all statutory compliance documentation certification at each designated student village in accordance with CLV’s agreed procedures, ensuring they are accurate and current at all times
- Manage the maintenance of statutory document uploads to the appropriate section on SharePoint (electronic document storage area) ensuring this replicates the hard copy village folders and that they are accurate and current at all times
- Provide Village Management and reactive maintenance teams with technical advice and support when required on all aspects of Hard FM building services
- Working collaboratively with CapEx Manager(s) ensure updates are made asset plans and facility condition index relating to Hard FM assets
- Monitor outstanding work order requests & in collaboration with Village Management and maintenance teams develop cost effective early intervention plans to resolve
- Provide technical input into new student village mobilisations in relation to Hard FM, Planned Maintenance, appropriate contracts etc.
- Undertake trend analysis on reactive repair work orders and corrective repairs and when appropriate produce reports, recommendations and Business case submissions to support non-cyclical Hard FM asset replacements
Cap Ex Work Management and Delivery:
- Working collaboratively with CapEx Manager(s) to asses needs prepare forward life cycle replacement plans to maintain Hard FM asset condition to required levels and standards
- Prepare condition reports relating to Hard FM assets and make recommendations for replacements / renovations
- Working with the CapEx Manager(s) Prepare designs and specifications relating to minor works projects, refurbishments, renovations, replacements that are cost-effective, meet facility lifecycle and safety requirements and provide value engineered solutions creating optimum return for CLV
- Identify, appoint and manage technical related consultants, as required
- Scope and prepare tender documents for CapEx works (typically but not limited to <£50k) for minor works projects, refurbishments, renovations, replacements etc.
- Manage the delivery of CapEx works (typically but not limited to <£50k) and ensure delivery is in accordance with the contractual SLA’S, KPI’s and agreed budget
Financial and Budget Management:
- Prepare annual budgets for Planned Maintenance activities at each designated student village.
- Monitor monthly Repair and Maintenance spend to ensure costs are contained within budget and prepare monthly commentary to justify exceptions
- Prepare cost plans for CapEx works and ensure costs are contained within the agreed budget and prepare monthly commentary to justify exceptions
Risk and Safety Management:
- Implement CLV Risk & Safety Management System (RSMS) in relation to control of contractors and maintenance operations
- Provide input into the continuous improvement of the RSMS and work with the National Health and Safety Manager to implement any changes required.
What do you need to have?
- Strong technical knowledge of building services (Essential)
- Ability to explain complex technical matters clearly and simply (Essential)
- Ability to manage contracts/contractors (Essential)
- Strong technical knowledge of statutory compliance and certification within the built environment (Essential)
- History of effectively managing maintenance budgets, including forecasting and inputting to the budget setting process (Essential)
- A commercial approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing correspondence, submissions, presentations and reports (Essential)
- Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate challenges and solutions to a broad range of stakeholder groups (Essential)
What type of qualifications and experiences do you need to have?
- At least 10 years’ experience managing within multisite Hard FM environment, including, but not limited to hospitality, higher education or property services (Essential)
- At least 10 years’ experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance Programmes
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (Essential)
- A degree or equivalent qualification (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering(Essential)
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- Project Management qualification (Desirable)
- Health & Safety IOSH/NEBOSH (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.