CLV NZ offers student accommodation to tertiary students, around New Zealand and the Globe. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life. Every member of our team is critical to supporting students in the transition to Tertiary studies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with exceptional interpersonal skills to fulfil the role of Residential Assistant Manager who will be responsible for managing our amazing team of Residential Assistants, across CLV’s University of Canterbury Accommodation sites.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
- Create a supportive environment which promotes community development, embraces diversity, academic success and supports residents to grow positive life skills.
- Manage, guide, support and coach the Residential Assistant team
- Foster and develop positive behaviours among residents, aiming to prevent and address incidents within the community
- Rostering and delegating work while ensuring effective deployment of Residential Assistants
- Support the personal development and growth of first-year students to successfully transition into tertiary studies
- Maintaining the highest levels of communication via various methods which will include social media
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience and ability to lead a group of young Adults to support and engage the community experience with pastoral care and understanding the needs of Young Adults
- Lead with energy, respect, and empathy while being able to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and making sound decisions.
- Have outstanding communication skills, attention for detail, be highly organised, work at pace within a timely manner and be able to adapt quickly to change while having a can-do attitude.
- Experience in conflict resolution and social media initiatives would be ideal
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality is critical to be able to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding administration skills
In return you will be offered the following:
- Busy and fast paced role that is challenging and rewarding
- Be part of developing the foundation for an excellent team culture
- Work in modern and world class facilities
- Competitive salary
- Work with a Global organisation who are leaders in their field
- Supportive and inclusive management team
If you have the skills, experience and attitude that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you today! Please apply directly on the ‘apply now’ button.
The successful candidate will need to complete and have a satisfactory NZ Police check.