CLV NZ offers student accommodation to University students, around New Zealand. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life. Every member of our team is integral to supporting students in the transition from teenager to young adult.
As a live-in position based on campus, applications are now invited for an enthusiastic person with exceptional interpersonal skills to assist the Village Manager in achieving our strategic goals by overseeing the Residential Life Program ensuring student success, wellbeing and engagement at Te Puni Village.
The role exists to:
- Ensure that Te Puni Village is a supportive environment which promotes community development, embraces diversity, academic success and supports residents to grow positive life skills.
- Assist the Village Manager in establishing a respectful and safe community environment under the policies and guidelines established by CLV and VUW.
- Guide, support and coach the Residential Assistant team, comprised of 12 student-leaders.
- Promote positive behaviours and mitigate disruptive behaviours among residents, aiming to prevent and address incidents which violate Village rules and regulations.
- Provide pastoral support for residents transitioning from home to their first year at University.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in a leadership role focused on community engagement.
- Demonstrate experience in community development through engagement and social media initiatives
- Experience resolving a broad range of pastoral issues with young adults
- Ability to model an ethical leadership style which is empathetic, inclusive and consultative, and demonstrates integrity and sound judgment
- Demonstrated organisational skills with a strong eye for detail, communicating information accurately
- Experience in conflict resolution, positive influence and discipline in a restorative justice context
- Ability to handle critical incidents in a calm and professional manner within set guidelines and following established procedures
- Being able to adapt to change while having a ‘can-do’ attitude and being solutions focused to support your student community
In return you will receive:
- Opportunity to develop and grow you career with a global organisation
- Work with inspirational leaders
- Varied and challenging role
- Great culture
- Good salary with accommodation on-site provided
If you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for then please apply directly on the link below.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to complete a pre-employment police vetting as subject to their employment.