Campus Living Villages, outstanding provider of student accommodation have a permanent full time opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Manager based in a fantastic office in Media City, Salford Quays.
Whilst based within the Technology Team this is a general compliance and risk role in which you would provide a central support service responsible for high quality consistent monitoring and auditing of all areas of the business.
You will be responsible for tracking and reporting compliance for various business functions and overseeing risk whilst also taking ownership of document control and some Data Protection responsibilities.
Some of the key accountabilities will include:
- Continual assessment of compliance against existing documented requirements.
- Review external safety and building compliance audits for remedial items, track these recommendations and report on their completion status.
- Build and maintain a modest audit framework that can test and provide evidence that compliance records are valid and reliable.
- Perform internal audits and produce the relevant reports on performance.
- Act as a central point of document control, maintaining the document control platform and ensuring all compliance items are correctly associated with the relevant records.
- Maintain compliance systems.
- Highlight compliance performance through recurring management reports and the development of dashboards with assistance from the wider Technology Team.
- Monitor data protection compliance across the business and assist in the processing of obligations as required under the regulation, such as Subject Access Requests.
- Provides oversight of risk registers and ensure they remain up to date.
Skills and experience needed to be successful in the role:
- Experience of auditing business processes and compliance-based activities.
- The ability to extract key compliance information from substantial legal contracts and other agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of building asset management and related compliance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Ability to prioritise, with excellent time management skills.
- Good ICT skills including working with data sets.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- competitive salary
- 25 days holiday increasing with service
- Birthday Day Off
- BUPA cash plan membership
- Group Pension Scheme
If you wish to apply or have any questions about the role, please email Recruitment@clvuk.com.
Please submit with your application your CV and covering letter stating your current salary and salary expectations by 9.00 am, Monday 27th January 2020.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date, should satisfactory response be received.