Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa £25,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
What are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for a Sales and Retention Specialist to assist our village teams in meeting occupancy targets, by maximising lead conversion and increasing the numbers of returning students. To sell the CLV resident experience, promote the accommodation and implement sales and retention initiatives.
As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the National Sales Manager and require to travel within the UK, extensively.
What you’ll be doing?
- Supports the sales function of the business working closely with the Village Manager, National Sales Manager and village teams to implement and deliver promotional plans and sales initiatives.
- Ensure that all activities, events and promotions are delivered professionally, in line with allocated budgets and in accordance with CLV brand guidelines and policies.
- Organises and delivers ‘Sales Events’ in partnership with Village teams.
- Develops and maintains relationships with university departments to effectively leverage university marketing channels and maximise promotional opportunities.
- Assist the Village Manager and National Sales Manager, to maximise returning residents and new residents through implementation of effective open day activity, distribution of marketing materials, effective renewal events, promotions, communications and point-of-sale incentives, and by giving outstanding customer service.
- Thoroughly understands the local student demographic and our competitors’ products, and ensures that we are maximising our market share, and reducing that of other providers, through assertive competition and active campaigning of our competitors’ customer base.
Managing and monitoring all aspects of the sales and promotions process:
- Monitors the effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives with Village Manager.
- Ensures campaign materials are displayed correctly and local marketing collateral is well stocked and available to support campaigns and aid sales.
- Monitors the curb appeal of the property and show room tour path to ensure optimal first impressions.
- Ensures all application information is collected for every customer and that sales processes are properly implemented.
- Updates and monitors prospect database and resident management system(StarRez) to enter, track and update customer status throughout the application and confirmation process.
Effective reporting and market awareness
- Reports on local marketing performance such as open days, housing fairs and other local activity to enable the National Sales Manager to evaluate sales performance, traffic logs of tours, telephone calls and information requests.
- Provides timely updates on lead generation, applications and bookings to ensure these can be follow-up.
- Provide information to Village Manager to assist in accurate forecasting and strategies to mitigate vacancy loss.
What you need to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Essential)
- Professional and personable telephone manner (Essential)
- Effective time management and organisational skills (Essential)
- Highly developed verbal communication skills to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees (Essential)
- Highly developed written communication skills to write routine reports and correspondence (Essential)
- In-depth knowledge of face to face, sales process theory and techniques (Essential)
- Highly developed sales coaching skills (Essential)
- Ability to use common sense to problem solve and deal with challenges (Essential)
- The successful applicant will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
What qualifications and experience you require:
- Previous experience in hospitality or retail (Essential)
- Previous experience in student accommodation sales (Desirable)
- Experience working with a resident management system (Desirable)
- Grade A-C GCSE or equivalent in English (Essential)
- Grade A-C GCSE or equivalent in Maths (Essential)
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.