What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: Up to £20,000
- 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 including weekends, the hours are between 8:30am-8:30pm)
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Pension Contributions Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
We are currently looking for two Sales and Service Advisors to join our Sales team in Village Central Manchester (MediaCityUK). As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to National Sales and Retention Manager & Sales and Service Team Leader and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
What you will be doing?
- Be the first line of contact with prospective students and their families (via Telephony, Email, Web chat and SMS) who are making accommodation decisions, throughout the sales cycle
- Support the sales and promotion plan, and work to achieve daily and weekly application and occupancy targets
- Provide students with support to ensure all booking stages are completed and all data is captured, prior to arrival, including but not limited to, guarantor and direct debit details
- Update and monitor prospect database and resident management system (StarRez) to enter, track and update customer status throughout the application and confirmation process
- Provide support to the Village teams and University partners, processing allocations and chasing nominated students to completion
- Maintain the room inventory, pricing and availability for our villages through external channels such as listing sites, online travel agents and partner website to maximize room revenue
- Supports the sales function of the business working closely with the Village Directors and Teams to implement promotional plans and sales initiatives
- Promotes and upsells summer extensions to current residents
- Process payments for academic and short stay transactions via SagePay (where applicable), ensuring outstanding payments are being collected in a timely manner and low debt levels are maintained
- Supports the Business Development Manager in all short and summer stay enquiries, working closely with all staff across the business to ensure smooth running of the summer and short stay business
- Manage reservations by inputting into the Reservation Management System – ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout
- Ensure that high levels of detail and accuracy are applied to customer records kept within Zendesk, Siteminder, StarRez and all other systems which are used within the Customer Contact Village
- Proactively seek to identify and alleviate blockages in the sales process, selling directly to prospective customers at all times
- Ensure all CLV marketing and brand guidelines, along with all associated policies and procedures, are followed and that information provided to prospective residents is both accurate and timely
- Support the development of new revenue streams and other strategic initiatives and projects
- Be fully conversant with the Village Residential Agreements, Village Rules, the Village
- Handbook and all applicable Rules and Regulations
What technical skills you required to have:
- Competency in a range of software packages including MS Word and Excel (Essential)
- Proven high quality written and verbal communication skills (Essential)
- An excellent eye for detail (Essential)
- Excellent customer service skills (Essential)
- Ability to meet tight timeframes without compromising accuracy (Essential)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Organised, with good ‘follow up’ skills and a determined approach to ‘getting to the bottom of things’
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
- Possess the ability to act in an independent, and discreet manner, preserving the confidentiality of information
What Qualifications and Experience you required to have:
- Experience in a customer service, sales, marketing or business development and/or equivalent
- experience in a call center environment, estate agency, retail or student lettings environment (Essential)
- English GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent) (Essential)
- Evidence of personal success in a competitive business environment (Essential)
- Experience in high level usage of online sales systems, databases and software (Essential)
- Highly aware of youth trends and communication preference (Essential)
- Experience with Starrez, Zendesk and Siteminder Systems (Desired)
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behavior in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Please note, candidates should be available to start on/around 2nd July 2018 and interviews to take place on/around 6th June.