Full Time – 40 hours per week
(5 over 7 shifts between 5pm and 8am)
Salary Circa; £21,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for two Security Supervisors to join our existing teams at our Bedford Student Villages. The successful candidate will act as a supervisor, ensuring business continuity during their shift.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining safety and security of all Village residents and staff in accordance with Village Rules.
- Providing a point of contact for residents and security for noise, security and safety matters
- Managing and resolving difficult situations and ensure management are informed.
- Escalating issues correctly, including liaising with the police and emergency services when required.
- Liaising and developing a professional relationship with the university.
- To ensure public and common areas are well presented, delegating to cleaning and maintenance staff.
- Work closely with the team ensuring delivery of programs, events and residents’ conflict management.
- Managing contracted security personnel and developing a professional relationship with the outsourced security company.
- Processing and updating resident information, including applications, offers and charges.
- Supporting the planning and operation of campus summer stays.
- Work with the team to complete room checks and reports.
- Be familiar with facility operations to determine and communicate after hours requirements.
What you will be responsible for;
- Customer Service
- Becoming familiar with the student environment
- Establishing authority in the Village
- Ensuring stability and order is maintained within the Village
- Activating correct support as required to avoid unnecessary escalation
- Managing conflict while on shift
- Ensuring health and safety policies are adhered to
- Providing a high level of customer service to residents, Village team, university, suppliers, other Villages, and head office
- Using initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
- Adhering to the requirements of compliance legislation
- Carrying out work with integrity
What you’ll need:
- Customer service experience
- Experience of supervising a team & ability to manage relationships professionally
- Knowledge of computers and IT systems
- Ability to manage multiple agendas and timelines
- Good Security knowledge & experience
- Ability to stay calm in all situations to maintain control and positive outcome
- Quiet confidence when things feel like they are in turmoil
It would be ideal if you have:
- Over 2 years previous supervision role in a hospitality environment (essential)
- Completed a management training course or equivalent (essential)
- Experience in the use of computers including Microsoft word, Excel and project and data base management systems (essential)
- High quality written and verbal communication skills as well as negotiating skills (essential)
- Ability to manage and direct staff in the operation of their duties (essential)
- First aid certificate (essential – clv will assist if this is not in place)
- Current driver’s license (essential)
- Experience of communicating and understanding the particular needs of young adults resident in student accommodation (desirable)
- Door security certificate or equivalent experience (desirable)
Our core values are at the heart of the business and our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the One Team and pursue the team goal
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%