Full-time, 40 hours per week – 12 months Fixed- Term
Salary circa £35,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
What you’ll be doing:
- We are now recruiting for a Web Developer on a permanent basis to join our Marketing team based in our Salford Quays Head Office. This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and successfully managing the company websites and intranet.
- Act as a source of expertise in marketing and web development for the business. Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain software documentation and an awareness of emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Act as a first point of call for the marketing team when functional issues arise relating to any aspect of the website
- Support disaster recover, including working with third parties to restore any sites that go down.
What are we looking for?
- Proven working experience in web programming with a solid understanding of how web applications work, including security, session management and best development practices.
- Experience of writing clean, tested code to build a maintainable system.
- Hands on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Experience with large websites, ethical SEO, link-building and Google Analytics
- Able to program plugins and API integration.
- Bespoke WordPress theme development from scratch
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, programming and web application development.
- Hold a relevant degree in Computer Science or Programming with at least 5 years’ experience in a web development role.
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.