40 hours per week
5 Days out of 7 (rota basis)
Salary Circa £23,000
25 Days Holidays, Plus Bank Holidays
Who are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for a Service Team Leader at our McMillan Student Village. Your role will involve monitoring and analysing data on all services given to internal and external customers, residents and partners, against the Service Level Agreement. You will suggest improvements to services and manage internal and external reporting requirements whilst motivating and supervising the cleaning service staff.
What you will be doing:
Service management and monitoring
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and Village Director, ensure compliance with the Service Level Agreement
- Perform regular walk rounds to monitor service provision from customer service, sales, facilities and cleaning services
- Devise and recommend new Village procedures to improve service or service response times wherever necessary
- Assist with the management of service data in the StarRez resident management system
- Extract data regarding service provision and convert to meaningful management reports
- Manage internal and external reporting requirements on the Service Level Agreement
- Ensure that Student Surveys take place and co-ordinate activity
- Be a member of the on call team providing out of hours cover on a roster basis, ensuring issues are escalated according to procedure
Cleaning service supervision
- Set, implement and review cleaning service standards to ensure the requirements of the Service Level Agreement are met
- Prepare work rosters to ensure appropriate cleaning staff and out of hours cover
- Implement routine quality checks to ensure cleaning standards are met
- Implement routine checks to ensure response times are met
- Programme, allocate and performance manage subcontractors
- Provide work schedules, manage and monitor the summer contract cleaners
- Replenish cleaning supplies and equipment where required
- Ensure compliance with relevant OHS legislation and COSHH controls
- Investigate and respond to resident complaints regarding services, escalating to the Operations Manager as required
- Deputise for the Operations Manager in Partner meetings if required
- Support the Sales & Retention Executive and the Village Director with sales implementation as required
- Assist in processing resident information, including applications, offers and posting of resident charges if required
- Participate in University open days as required
- Handle enquiries from residents and visitors to the Village
- Provide an authoritative presence in the Village and ensure adherence to Village rules
- Assist in any task which will assist with the better delivery of service to the residents
- Conduct room inspections as required
What you will need:
- Knowledge of resident management systems (Essential)
- Considerable MS office skills, with advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Essential)
- Excellent attention to detail (Essential)
- Good standard of written English (Essential)
- Ability to influence others (Essential)
- Initiative in problem solving and creative thinking (Essential)
- Ability to multi task and manage different priorities (Essential)
- Knowledge of COSHH (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the partner university culture and its stakeholders (Desirable)
- Experience of working to defined standards of customer service (Essential)
- Experience of monitoring service standards (Essential)
- Experience of data analysis (Essential)
- Experience of managing subcontractors (Essential)
- Previous experience in managing others (Desirable)
- Diploma in Hotel or Business Administration (Desirable)
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.