- Preparing, editing, and proofreading a variety of documents, including correspondence, real estate and finance documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Filing and labelling miscellaneous legal documents and ensuring that key documents are scanned into the electronic database. Archiving electronic and physical files, and maintaining accurate lists of archived documents for quick reference.
- Ensuring that corporate entity files are complete, organized and accessible within the office and on the electronic database.
- Revising spreadsheets and quick reference guides to ensure that corporate entity information is complete and accurate.
- Creating meeting agendas and binders for Board of Directors and Committee meetings; coordinating meeting logistics with such members; drafting meeting minutes and maintaining a resolutions register.
- Assembling documents for real estate and finance matters; compiling signature pages, exhibits and ensuring that such documents are complete; distributing same to necessary parties.
- Coordinating real estate and finance closings with signatories across various time zones.
- Gathering information from various sources and ensuring that records are complete, accurate and organized.
- Assisting with insurance renewal applications, litigation matters (including discovery responses)
Reporting & Planning
- Ensuring that all licenses and permits are filed and/or renewed timely and distributed to appropriate parties.
- Ensuring that registered agents, annual reports, assumed name filings, foreign qualifications and other entity requirements are filed and/or renewed timely.
- Coordinating with other subject matter experts within the Company regarding the location of pertinent information within various legal documents and/or entity filings.
- Maintaining calendars, including coordination and scheduling of meetings, discovery deadlines, conference calls; sending calendar invites and reminders; reserving conference rooms; tracking deadlines and status of cases/matters.
- Preparing checklists, timelines, issues list and document schedules, as needed.
Organizing form files and research files. Conducting research and analyzing differences across various jurisdictions.
Coding invoices, submitting expense reports through Works, submitting check requests and keeping a log of expenditures.
Assisting the Legal Department with administrative tasks related to attorney compliance requirements.
Assisting the Legal Department with coordination of schedules, meetings, and tasks with other business units in the company.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by the General Counsel.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least 5 – 7 years’ previous experience as a paralegal at a law firm or at a company.
- Familiarity with basic corporate, real estate and finance documents.
- High level of competency in a range of software packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint desirable, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work well and communicate with others across various Company department and at all corporate levels in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize a range of tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative. Must be proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong work ethic.