Summary of the Role
Ensures quality, accuracy and timeliness of accounting information for regularly scheduled accounting activities and special projects.Implements financial policies and practices. Prepares reports, assists with budget process, conducts audits, prepares and analyzes cost reports. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Maintains Financial Data
- Reconciles sub-ledgers to general ledger
- Prepares and maintains monthly journal entries, and general ledger accounts
- Assists with month-end close, consolidation process, financial reporting, audit and budget process assist with management reports.
- Verifying accuracy of data.
- Correcting errors.
- Collaborating with others who provide and prepare financial records.
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly.
- Recording and review of multi-entity billing.
- Collaborates with Village accounting staff and General Manager to obtain, record, and audit forecast data.
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliations ensuring accurate and timely preparation and resolution of reconciling items.
- Assists with timely close of assigned village and corporate entities.
- Monitors collection efforts, ensuring compliance with Debtor and Collection policies.
- Prepares and analyzes cost reports and costing audits.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Assists with preparation of forecasts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preparing, recording, maintaining and verifying financial data.
- Understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures of accounting and finance
- Requires a finance related bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area (desired)
- Familiar with accounting systems
- Collaborated with a variety of positions on accounting tasks and projects
This Position Description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Campus Living Villages reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.