What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Annual Salary: Dependant on Experience
- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days Annual Leave
- 8 Public Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- 2 x Paid Volunteering days per year
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions (Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK). We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an IT Support Technician to join our team at Campus Living Villages.
You’ll provide first and second line support for all UK-based, Campus Living Villages users. This will include the provision of equipment, remote support, ICT administrative tasks and support of desktops, laptops, phones and Skype for Business.
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Working on the Helpdesk, manage desktop devices (hardware and software) incidents through to resolution. Update service management ticketing tool with all relevant information related to this service for end users.
- Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on desktop devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of desktops devices using appropriate tools).
- Support LAN and WAN connectivity and configuration (including wireless) to enable end user access to the network and systems.
- Ensure that each Desktop device is installed with the appropriate desktop image.
- Perform standard user managements via active directory and Office 365.
- Update IT procedures and user self-help documentation.
- Completing staff (or end user) equipment relocations
- Undertake network cabling adjustments to ensure all PC’s and peripheral devices are connected and accessible.
- Assist on audits and asset management, tracking issued hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers.
- Diagnosing and repair of faulty equipment.
- To adhere to all local/group IT policies and strategies.
What you need to have:
- Windows Desktop (8 & 10)
- Experience supporting users in an Office 365 environment.
- Considerable experience with Office applications such as Word/Excel/Outlook
- Excellent troubleshooting experience.
- Good project management skills.
- Active Directory/Group Policy (2012/2016)
- Wireless Technologies
- Basic Networking; LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls
- VPN Technologies
- Mobile Technology
- Ability to prioritise, with excellent time management skills.
- A recognized IT qualification.
- It would be ideal to have ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Educated up to and including A-Level or equivalent.
3 years’ proven experience in an IT service desk environment.
- Some experience of supporting network and cloud infrastructure desirable.
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.