What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Temporary Position (12 months)
- Annual Salary: up to £40,000
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Public Holidays and Birthday Leave
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- 2 x Paid Volunteering days per year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions. We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Village Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages, Birmingham Student Village, in the daily running and the strategic direction of the Village. The Village Manager will report to the Regional General Manager and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- You will lead and manage the Village, balancing conflicting agendas between Campus Living Villages and the University/Client.
- Deliver maintenance programmes in a fully occupied student facility
- Implement and oversee Service Level Agreements for all facility providers
- Manage debt and student ‘churn’
- Ensure compliance with all agreements, leases and contracts pertaining to the Village.
- Assisting with the preparation of a detailed Village Business Plan (annually) in conjunction with the Regional General Manager
- Delivery of Business Plan financial targets, ensuring that the business achieves all of its objectives, including performance standards as agreed from time to time with the University and Campus Living Villages
- Prepare and distribute reports to external stakeholders as required by legal agreements.
- Business Development (Target 80:20 split between business development and day to day management of the Village)
- In conjunction with the Regional General Manager, prepare and implement a detailed annual marketing plan for the promotion of the residences, ensuring that the Village is promoted effectively within the University as well as to the broader community
- Ensure up to date knowledge on target markets, strategies, existing operations and new developments.
- Ensure that key tools such as the Village website and Village Facebook site are always up to date and relevant
- Responsible for Asset and Risk management, i.e. Sinking Fun and Asset Management programme
- Provider Residential Support and maintain relationships between Residents, Customers and Stakeholders.
- Liaise with Head Office support teams to manage all People matters, such as recruitment, training and performance management.
What you need to have:
- Proficient use of computers, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases (Essential)
- Full UK Drivers License and own car
- Hold a formal qualification, preferably in hotel or business management, attained at university or other tertiary educational institution.
- Experience in a leadership role in either university accommodation, hospitality or retail environment with a track record of developing a team and delivering against objectives.
- Solid experience in operational management in a services environment.
- Operational understanding of asset management.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunity principles and practices.
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.